Cath Lab Cardiovascular Special Procedures Technologist Texas Health Fort Worth
Cath Lab Cardiovascular Special Procedures Technologist
Sign on Bonus $8k for Eligible New Hires
Texas Health Alliance
Fort Worth, Texas
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We are looking for a qualified Cath Lab Technologist like you to join our Texas Health family.
- Work location: Texas Health Alliance 10864 Texas Health Trail TX 76244
- Department: Cardiac Cath Lab
- Full Time (40/hr/wk) working 10 hour shifts rotating days with call rotation required
- Salary range is Min. $31.02/hr to Max. $47.49/hr – based on relevant experience
- We are currently offering $8k sign on bonus for Eligible New Hires
At Texas Health Resources, our mission is “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health systems in the United States with a team of more than 23,000 employees of wholly owned/operated facilities plus 2,200 employees of consolidated joint ventures in the greater Dallas Fort Worth area. Our career growth and professional development opportunities are top-notch and our benefits are equally outstanding.
Join our award-winning Texas Health family and become a part of a team that is improving the health of our communities daily. You belong here.
- Associate’s Degree Applied Science Required Or Other completion of accredited program in radiologic or cardiovascular technology Required Or H.S. Diploma or Equivalent 2 Years work experience in invasive cardiology Required
- 1 Year Preferred
- 2 Years required with high school diploma Required
- 2 Years Experience with STEMI Procedures Strongly Preferred
- 2 Years IR Experience Strongly Preferred
ARRT – American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Upon Hire Required
Or RCIS – Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist Upon Hire Required
Or RCES – Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist Upon Hire Required
And CMRT – Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist if ARRT Upon Hire Required
And BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
- Uses multidisciplinary, team oriented actions
- Assesses and recognizes the patient’s emotional, physical, developmental, cognitive and psychosocial conditions
- Prepares room for examination (i.e. suction, oxygen, supplies)
- Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time-out procedures
- Greets and acknowledges patient, using two forms of ID
- Obtains patient history
- Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices, and monitor patient during imaging
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment
- Uses proper body mechanics when assisting patient
- Administers contrast media and other medications in accordance with medication administration guidelines
- Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed
Imaging Procedures, Quality and Processing
- Explains procedures to patient or guardian / family member if applicable prior to exam
- Positions patient to correct anatomical area of interest
- Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations
- Adjusts technique parameters appropriately for age related factors
- Assists radiologist with complex and invasive procedures using aseptic technique
- Maintains attention to details
- Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, makes technique adjustments or repeat procedures as needed 8. Utilizes proper downtime procedures for PACS and HIS / RIS
- Correctly sends and transfers images to PACS
- Prints laser images from modality or PACS
- Coordinates with Centralized Scheduling and other modalities
Equipment Operation and Maintenance
- Adjusts technical factors
- Operates, cares for and maintains equipment
- Applies knowledge of physics and accessories
- Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction
- Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards
- Stocks supplies
- Exchanges and maintenance of film badges within designated time frames
- Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of quality control and regulatory standards
Professional Accountability and Partnership
- Maintains and enhances technical skills and technology advancement
- Attends departmental continuing education, meetings, and checks email
- Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement
- Manages time and re-prioritizes as necessary
- Performs any assignment deemed necessary by supervisor
Why Texas Health? As a Texas Health Cath Lab Technologist, you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health Resources a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
- Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (4 years running)
- “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
- A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being an Interventional radiologists:
- Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment.
- Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated leadership resources.
- Enjoy opportunities for growth.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com.
PI150327898 #4947Apply Now