Full-Time Rehab Intake Specialist Texas Health Dallas Texas Full Time Days
Rehab Intake Specialist
Full Time Days
Texas Health Dallas seeks to hire a Rehab Intake Specialist to work Full Time at our Dallas, Texas location.
This position is the gate keeper of the department. The person will get the referrals from the hospital and surrounding areas. Once the doctor accepts the patient, then the intake coordinator works with insurance to get approval to come the Inpatient Rehab Facility. The ideal candidate has experience working in intake and working at an Inpatient Rehab Facility.
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Ln. Dallas, TX 75231
Salary range is Min. $24.53/hr to Max. $38.92/hr – based on relevant experience
Hours/Schedule: Full Time (40/hr/wk) working Day shift starting around 9:00AM but times may vary
• Performs intake assessments in hospital and externally as needed. Reviews patient chart and talks to patient/family and health care providers about admission to the inpatient rehabilitation unit. Works with discharge planners to suggest alternative levels of care if patient is not appropriate for inpatient rehab.
• Documents consultation in medical record. Utilizes available resources for finding appropriate in-house and external patients such as admission list, surgery schedule, and therapy documentation. May assist with or perform insurance verification and authorization prior to rehab admission. Contacts the Inpatient Rehab Physician(s) to discuss findings. Gathers any other data needed and gives it to the physician so the physician can make an informed decision on whether or not the patient is appropriate for inpatient rehab.
• Keeps current on appropriate regulations regarding admission to inpatient rehab and educates referral sources on appropriate admissions. Assists to change case mix as needed to maintain compliance with regulations.
• Documents all aspects in accordance with departmental, JC, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines. All documentation is completed within established time frame based on CMS guidelines. Maintains and communicates log of rehab admissions capturing information needed to demonstrate CMS appropriate admission compliance. Submits quarterly reports to Rehab Steering Committee. Maintains and communicates concurrent chart audit process for demonstration of medical necessity for rehab stay.
• Other Significant Activities in Addition to Job Responsibilities/Competencies:
Participate in strategies to meet business initiatives and unit/team, program, and department specific goals and targets
Other Education commiserate with required licensure (see below) is required.
5 years of experience in clinical care and/or case management experience is required.
***1 year of intake/inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRF) experience is highly preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Other Licensed in Texas (RN, PT, OT, ST, RT, LBSW, MSW) Upon Hire is required.
CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 60 Days of hire Required
***PT, OT, or RN licensure is highly preferred. LBSW and MSW are preferred.
At Texas Health Resources, our mission is “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health systems in the United States with a team of more than 23,000 employees of wholly owned/operated facilities plus 2,200 employees of consolidated joint ventures in the greater Dallas Fort Worth area. Our career growth and professional development opportunities are top-notch and our benefits are equally outstanding.
Check out just a few of our recent accomplishments:
• 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (3rd year in a row)
• Largest Blue Zones® Project Approved™ Worksite in the world (2016)
• Named #1 in the “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care” by Great Place to Work® for 2015, 2016 and 2017
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2016 and 2017 Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare”
Join our award-winning Texas Health family and become a part of a team that is improving the health of our communities daily. You belong here.
Other Education commiserate with required licensure (see below) Required
5 Years experience in clinical care and/or case management. Required
Licenses and Certifications
Licensed in Texas (RN, PT, OT, ST, RT, LBSW, MSW) Upon Hire Required
CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training with in 60 Days of hire Required