Full-Time Patient Safety Officer Job 921266
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Patient Safety Officer Job 921266
Ideal candidate will be someone from an Academic Environment. The client is seeking specific PSO experience.
Experienced Patient Safety Officer (PSO) to join an excellent hospital organization in the Pacific Northwest area
The PSO encourages the use of evidence based patient safety strategies to reduce error and improve patient safety.
They will be responsible for overall direction and programmatic development of the Medical Center Patient Safety Program which includes;
• implementation of system-wide strategic initiatives in patient safety
• leadership and direction of resources to support change
• effective communication of patient safety directives across all levels of the organization
• utilization of advanced QM expertise, analytical and evaluative skills to identify and resolve barriers to success.
This position provides primary leadership for patient safety and culture change within the organization. Provides direction for system-wide strategic initiatives in patient safety to provide the highest quality care to patients; works collaboratively with executives, faculty and staff to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities to improve patient safety and to reduce risk.
Reports directly to Assistant Administrator; frequently consulted by Executive Director, Medical Director, CNO, and CFO.
- Master’s Degree in healthcare or a clinical related field (i.e., MHA, MBA).
- At least five years experience in Quality/Performance Improvement and Patient Safety including leadership/management experience in an accredited medical center.
- Desired but not required: Registered Nurse (BSN, MSN)
- Certification in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ).
- Leadership experience in a Magnet-designated healthcare organization.
- Proven success in organizational leadership and change.
- Experience with nursing workforce development, retention, and nursing education.
- Superior communication skills.
- Someone from an Academic Environment is ideal.
- Specific PSO experience, required…….candidates need to have specific examples of facilitating with C level groups, physicians, families, etc. (client is not looking for QA Directors who oversee Patient Safety.)
Salary: Up to 120K range depending on education and experience + relocation. This client will interview quickly!
To learn more and be considered for this exciting position send your resume now and call Marge Quaadman, your Direct Hire and Interim Management Nurse Search Senior Consultant at 727-793-9045 right away!
Why wait? Do it now. The right nurse job for you right now…………is right here!
We will never forward your resume or present you to a client without your permission. We maintain your confidentiality. Just a reminder, there is never a cost to you as a candidate. Our cost is paid entirely by the client hospital.
Email your resume right away by clicking the \”Apply Online\” button below. Easy to do and quicker than you might think. Make the most of your future now.
PS: And if this job is not right for you please think of a colleague and let them know about this great opportunity.
How to Apply
Email your resume right away by clicking the “Apply Online” button below. Easy to do and quicker than you might think. Make the most of your future now.